Alberto Miodini (piano)
Ivan Rabaglia (violin)
Enrico Bronzi (cello)
The Trio di Parma was formed in 1990 at the A. Boito conservatoire of music in Parma (Italy) and went on to study further with the Trio di Trieste at the Fiesole School of Music in Florence and the Accademia Chigiana in Siena.
The Trio di Parma has been recognised in the highest acclaim at the Concorso Internazionale “Vittorio Gui” in Florence (Italy), as well as the international chamber music competitions of Melbourne (Australia), ARD Munich (Germany) and Lyon (France). In 1994, the Trio was awarded the Abbiati Prize by the Italian National Association of Music Critics as best Chamber Music Ensemble.
The Trio di Parma have been guests of the most important musical institutions both at home in Italy (Accademia di S. Cecilia in Rome, Società del Quartetto in Milan, Amici della Musica in Florence, Unione Musicale in Turin, Gran Teatro la Fenice in Venice, GOG in Genoa, Accademia Filarmonica Romana…) and in other countries (Berlin Philharmonic, Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center in New York, London’s Wigmore Hall, Konzerthaus of Vienna, Saint Petersburg Philharmonic, Lockenhaus Festival, the Teatro Coliseo in Buenos Aires, the Barossa Music Festival, Hamburg, Dublin, Warsaw, Los Angeles, Washington, Adelaide, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo…).
They have collaborated with important musicians such as Vladimir Delman, Carl Melles, Pavel Vernikov, Bruno Giuranna, Alessandro Carbonare, Eduard Brunner and have taken part in numerous TV and radio recordings for the Italian state network RAI as well as various foreign stations (Bayerischer Rundfunk, NDR, WDR, MDR, Radio Bremen, ORT, ABC-Classic Australia).
They have also recorded the complete Trios of Brahms for UNICEF, of Beethoven and Ravel for the music magazine Amadeus as well as Shostakovich for Stradivarius, the last of which was a prize-winner as the best recording of the yearfrom the magazine Classic Voice in 2008.
The Trio di Parma hold instrumental and chamber music courses at the Conservatories in Modena and Gallarate, the Mozarteum in Salzburg, the Scuola Superiore Internazionale di Musica da Camera in Duino and the Scuola di Musica in Fiesole.
The Trio plays on a Steinway & Sons piano, a violin by Gianbattista Guadagnini (Piacenza, Italy 1744) and a cello by Vincenzo Panormo (London 1775).