Biography of Trio Tchaikovsky
The Tchaikovsky Trio was founded in Moscow in 1975. It is made up of Pavel Vernikov, Konstantin Bogino and Anatole Liebermann who respectively achieved brilliant results from Moscow’s Conservatoire on their own instruments and in chamber music, studying with some of the best Soviet musicians of the period.
In the Soviet Union, the Tchaikovsky Trio achieved resounding success having performed around 180 concerts between 1975 and 1978 and participating in important events of musical life of the period. In 1978 Pavel Vernikov and Konstantin Bogino moved to ex-Yugoslavia, in Belgrado, and in 1979 they won, as a duet, first prize at the A.R.D. competition of Monaco and the Vittorio Gui di Firenze competition. The trio, after this brief unavoidable interruption, were reunited in 1981 when Anatole Liebermann also left the Soviet Union. From this moment the Trio’s concert activities spread to the most important musical centres in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Yugoslavia, Finland, Japan, the USA and Canada. The Tchaikovsky Trio have played in some of the most important international festivals in places such as Menton and Sully (France), Santander (Spain), Naantali and Kuhmo (Finland), Bresca/Bergamo and Turin. Amongst the most famous concert halls are Salle Gaveau e Musées d’Orsay in Paris, Wigmore Hall in London, Teatro alla Scala and the Conservatorio Verdi in Milan, Teatro alla Pergola in Florence, Théatre de la Maison Neuve in Montreal, Carnegie Hall in New York and the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam amongst others. The Tchaikovsky Trio have participated in a number of radio and television productions and have made recordings in France, Italy, Yugoslavia and Finland. The musicians in the trio have for many years sat on the juries for some of the most important international competitions. Individually they have also become important soloists and teachers and have played chamber music with musicians such as K. Zimmermann, C. Ivaldi, O. Kagan, P. Fontanarosa, M. Nordmann, Y. Bashmet, M. Tipo, N. Gutman, G. Caussé. Recently the Tchaikovsky Trio have returned to their original formation after a few years of separation. The musical training and study that is common to the musicians of the trio makes them formidable performers of this type of music and especially Russian repertoire. Patev Vernikov plays a violin by Giambattista Guadagnini (former Countess Crespi, former Brengola) made in Piacenza in 1747 from the Fondazione Pro Canale di Milano and Anatole Liebermann plays a cello by Giovanni Grancino from 1712.
type keyword and hit enter